Legislative Policy Committee By Laws
Please contact League staff if you need additional information regarding the committee.
- A Legislative Policy Committee shall consist of no fewer than 50 members.
- Membership of the committee will be made up of the ULCT Board of Directors and the ULCT Past Presidents still holding municipal elective offices; elected or appointed officials appointed annually by the Board of Directors during the April board meeting.
- The guidelines of membership shall be as follows:
- 75% of the committee from Wasatch Front municipalities
- 60% of the committee shall be made up of elected officials
- The ULCT First Vice President shall serve as the Policy Committee Chair and shall preside over all meetings.
- Legislative Policy Committee meetings will be held monthly between the months of April and December; and weekly during each legislative session.
- The Legislative Policy Committee has the authority to determine League positions on legislation at any time. The committee has the authority to establish sub-committees or task forces to study any issue and to report findings and recommendations to the full Legislative Policy Committee.
- There is no quorum requirement for the Legislative Policy Committee.